Placement Experience: Option 1
For trainees who are in the process of completing their professional training. These includes psychological based qualifications (containing therapeutic components such as MSC in Counselling Psychology) or specific therapy training such as Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy – Level 4 (BACP accredited courses only).
Therapy Opportunity: Option 2
Working with clients with an eating disorder for qualified therapists who desire to gain specialist experience with this client group.
EDS criteria for applicants include:
- Possess previous therapy/clinical experience working (under supervision) with individuals with a variety of psychological difficulties, not necessarily exclusive to eating disorders.
- For those in Level 4 Diploma in Counselling courses, applications would only be considered if trainees are looking for placement towards the latter half of their courses.
- Commitment to receiving EDS in-house supervision for their work and attendance to all team meetings on Wednesday mornings.
- Willingness to attend training opportunities when available.
- Flexibility to work with a small number of clients.
- Offer short to medium-term therapy input (maximum of 20 sessions) in accordance to EDS organisational practice.
Interested in volunteering?
Interested applicants with further queries may contact EDS by phone/email or apply following the procedure below:
- A copy of an up-to-date CV to be sent via email to Terry Lawrence, Director.
- Attendance at interview organised after successful initial screening process.
- If successful, a mutually agreed start date can be made between the applicant and the service.